Are you tips to help you accomplish your goals? You've come to the right place! This article will provide you with five tips to help you accomplish your goals and live a more productive life.
1. Daily Exercise – Many people might be thinking "what does exercise have to do with goal setting?" well I'll tell you. Exercise is important because the mind and body are both tied to each other and if you're in better physical shape, losing weight and overall just feeling great it will make it easier for you to accomplish your goals. Think about it.
Many people who are dealing with physical issues or are just out of shape are less motivated to accomplish their goals or do anything for themselves than people who are in better shape.
Daily exercise is not complicated and can be anything from taking the stairs instead of the elevator at work, walking for 1 mile during your lunch break, exercising for a h hour per night at home instead of watching TV or making exercise fun by buying interactive video games that you can play with your kids on their Playstation or Nintendo Wii.
2. Be realistic – One of the BIG mistakes that many goal settings fall into is setting big goals that they have no way of accomplishing in the time frame that they set. One of the keys to accomplishing your goals is to evaluate your weekly schedule, commitments and priorities then schedule a set time every day to devote to accomplishing your goal.
3. Set weekly and monthly follow ups to stay on track – One of the easiest ways for you to stay on track to accomplishing your goals in 2011 is to schedule weekly and months follow ups with yourself to make sure that you're staying on pace to accomplish your goals. Why is this important? It turns your goal into something that's vague into something that's tangible and possible for you to accomplish.
Do not just set the goal and then walk away without taking steps to accomplish it. Get serious about your goals and take the weekly and monthly follow ups to make sure that you're on track.
One of the tools that I use to make sure that I'm on track is my Google Calendar. I use this calendar for everything including goal setting because my appointment reminders are emailed to my inbox where I know I will not miss them.
4. Find someone to "hold your feet to the fire" – Another great way to stay on track with goal setting is to find someone to hold you accountable to accomplish your goals. This can be a spouse, significant other, friend or co-worker. Make sure that this person is someone you can trust and also someone who will not laugh at your goals or tell you that your goals are impossible to accomplish. Once you find this person tell them what your goal is and ask them to remind you of your goal at least once a month and talk with you about the goal so you will stay on track to accomplish it.
5. Take a little step forward every day – The last and most important tip to goal setting is to realize that in order to accomplish your goals you have to move forward towards accomplishing them a little bit every single day. For example: If one of your goals is to lose weight and get in shape in 2011 start on the road to accomplishing your goal NOW by getting a little bit of exercise every day to condition your body so you can work your way up to exercising with a personal trainer, working out in a GYM or following a more advanced exercise routine.
To wrap up this article I want to leave you with my favorite quote from Anthony Robbins "what you think about, you bring about". What does this mean? It's simple. Everything that we have and enjoy in our lives now once started as a thought in our heads and if you accept this you will start to believe that you can take a thought or goal and turn it into something that you can accomplish if you follow the steps in this article or apply yourself from goal setting tips that you've learned from somewhere else. The important thing is to take the knowledge that you've learned and act on it.
Source by Jeremy Raglin
Latest posts by Sanjay Tatwawadi (see all)
- Communication is Action – Not Just Words! - February 5, 2018
- YouTube Marketing Secrets Revealed, YouTube Marketing Secrets Exposed - February 5, 2018
- Are You Ready to Turbo Charge Your Atkins Diet? - February 5, 2018