Writing a personal statement of Christian faith is a great exercise that can help you to better understand your beliefs and convictions. This can help you to gain a better appreciation for why you believe what you do. It can also help you to share your faith with others when the opportunity comes.
A personal statement of faith can be in the form of a testimony, such as how you got saved and what has changed since. It can also be a story that relates a pivotal moment in your Christian walk. Or it can be a list of important things you believe, bullet list style. For instance, you can do something like this:
- The Person of Christ: I believe that Jesus Christ is God, and is the Son of God. I believe that he lived, died, was buried, and then rose again on the third day…etc.
- The Trinity: I believe in one God in three Persons…etc.
And so forth.
A statement of faith does not have to be dramatic to be effective. This is a big stumbling block for people who were raised in the church and got saved at an early age. In this case, you may be able to think of another event to use as your testimony. For instance, are there any periods in your life when you fell away from Christ? How did you come back to the faith, and what changed as a result?
Or perhaps you had an important moment Christianity ceased being merely your parents religion, and became your religion. Was there an important moment that defined your role as a Christian? Or perhaps you have a story of the first person you led to Christ, or something you did for someone else as a result of your faith.
Source by Robert D Paul
Latest posts by Sachin Iyer (see all)
- There’s No Such Thing As Bad Web Design – Discuss - October 22, 2018
- Social Media Marketing Tips & Tricks for 2018 - October 22, 2018
- Why Does My Designer Want to Design Web Applications? - October 22, 2018