We welcome and love new contributions from our growing community. Here’s what you need to know:
- Word count: No minimums but posts typically run between 450-800 words.
- Please stay under 800 words.
- Tone: Inclusive, accessible and generally positive. Take a look around and see what we’ve previously posted.
- Original Content: We ask that posts submitted be unique and original to BlogMag. We do not accept posts that have already been published or submitted elsewhere online (not even on your personal blog) or that you plan to distribute to other websites.
- We are not interested in SEO-driven submissions: If you work for a content farm or are a freelancer who writes articles for the sole purpose of linking up keywords in an effort to boost SEO, we are not interested. If your submission or bio references or promotes a business or service that is not in line with our philosophy, then we are not interested.
- Bio and promotion: Since we do not compensate contributors for posts, we’re more than happy to include a byline and your brief bio containing links to your website, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter accounts, which we will promote when your post goes live. Please keep your bio to just 2-3 sentences. BlogMag is a great resource to promote what you’re doing. Please send your post in the body of the message of an email.
- If you’re using Word, for example, you’d paste the Word document into your email. Once your posts go live, please share with your email, your website, Facebook, Twitter, and any other social media. If your post performs extremely well you become a regular contributor.
- While we cover an insane amount of ground, BlogMag consists of just a few people. As such, sometimes we don’t have the opportunity to respond to all submissions. We can assure you, however, that we carefully read every single submission that we receive. If your post has been accepted, we generally respond within 14 days.
Please only submit one post at a time: Otherwise, we get inundated. You’re welcome to submit again with a different post after you’ve waited 14 days. By submitting to BlogMag you acknowledge that you accept our terms, and any form of editing that might occur on behalf of the BlogMag editorial team.