How to Enhance Top Line and Bottom Line by Employee Training
In a highly competitive and ever changing corporate world, training and development is an indispensable function. While interacting with organization one curious question is always asked “How to Enhance Top and Bottom Line by Employee Training”
Irony of the situation is, training and development is one of the lowest things on the priority list of most companies.
Globally, more and more organizations are today beginning to realize the necessity of well-crafted training programs for their employees. It is important that a few points be kept in mind before deciding on a program:
- Make sure that the course is aligned with the organization’s business strategy.
- An off-the-shelf program usually does not work.
- It has to be designed keeping the goals of the organization in mind.
- It is also important that specific challenges faced by the company are identified and the content is designed to address these challenges.
Continuous Training Optimise Productivity
When it’s organized, it is often at the persistence of the human resources department. There is, however, enormous value in organizing proper training and development sessions for employees. Training allows employees to acquire new skills, sharpen existing ones, perform better, increase productivity and be better leaders. Since a company is the sum total of what employees achieve individually, organizations should do everything in their power to ensure that employees perform at their peak.
Corporate training programs are gaining increasing importance in the world today. To become a successful organization, it is important that one recruits the right staff, motivates them and provides them with the training to meet the challenges of the business world.
Here are a few reasons that demonstrate the importance of training and development.
Smooth On boarding of New Recruits
Training is particularly important for new employees. Induction orientation is extremely important and should create that spark to initiate the corporate love affair.
Address the Shortcomings
Every individual has some or the other shortcomings and training and development helps employees iron them out. At EQ4C, we have divided the hierarchy in several groups to provide focused training, relevant to those groups – New managers, middle management, senior leadership, executive leadership.
Big Positive Impact on Performance
If we bridge this gap between shortcomings and expectations, it is obvious that an employee’s performance improves. Training and development, however, also goes on to amplify your strengths and acquire new skill sets. It is important for a company to break down the training and development needs to target relevant individuals. At EQ4C, we have specific training groups to identify the training needs and arrive at targeted training agenda.
It should be Relevant
A company that invests in training and development generally tends to have satisfied employees. However, the exercise has to be relevant to the employees and one from which they can learn and take back something. It will be futile if training and development become tedious and dull, and employees attend it merely because they have to. As a company, we should stress on industry specific training that can be beneficial to them.
Leads to Better Productivity
In a rapidly evolving landscape, productivity is not only dependent on employees, but also on the management thinking. Training and development goes a long way in getting employees up to date with new corporates practices, use existing ones better and then discard the out-dated ones. This goes a long way in getting things done efficiently and in the most productive way.
Self-driven Employees, a Sign of Progress
Employees who have attended the right trainings need lesser supervision and guidance. Training develops necessary skill sets in employees and enables them to address tasks independently. This also allows supervisors and management to focus on more pressing areas.
Add Business Etiquette & Personal Grooming to Make Employees Smart
You could also check out some basic grooming and business etiquette classes for your employees. Teaching them the right business etiquette will make them a true asset to your organization. There are many finishing schools like EQ4C that run such grooming and etiquette classes. They not only help your employees how to dress and appear well-groomed for the work-place, but will also teach them how to behave and act in a professional manner.
Ensure the Training Program is Effective & Implementable
Make sure that the training team gives you some “Accountability “of the program. Accountability does not mean that they just talk about how valuable their program is, but they also are able to correlate the program to the position or participant’s job. It’s not about just filling the seats in the training room but it’s about how effective the training will for the participant and how he will be able to implement it in his day to day life.
Conduct Training Programs Regularly
No matter how successful your course may be the training process does not stop there. It is important that you evaluate the effectiveness of your program as this will help you plan for any future programs. Remember that you need to constantly upgrade the skills of your employees and this is an on-going process. 21st Century Corporate Skills, Professional Behavior and other basic business etiquette need to constantly reinforced, else people relax and begin to take things easy.
Once the basic level programs are done with employers and managers need to go the next level and design some meaningful and appropriate modules for other staff members. It is therefore important that the training modules and corporate objective be well aligned and co-related. Only then will the organization be able to get value from their programs and see greater returns on their investments.
Types of Training to Enhance Top and Bottom Line
There are many possible kinds of training on various subjects in corporate & government sector. Broadly there are eight widely recognized types of on the job training.
- Skills training: Training programs on job-related knowledge & skills. For – new hires & existing underperforming employees
- Retraining Employees: For the maintenance and updating of worker knowledge for – technological innovation & intra-organizational changes
- Cross-functional training: to generate skill-redundancy in the workforce so that employees can perform in a wider variety of capacities. Used for – flexibility in scheduling & enhanced coordination
- Team training: for self-directed teams to develop; management skills, coordination skills, and cross-functionality
- Creativity training: uses innovative teaching and learning methods in order to enhance workforce ability to generate new and innovative ideas and to discover novel approaches
- Literacy training: used to improve the basic skills of a workforce in reading, writing, mathematics, and effectiveness habits such as punctuality, cooperation, and responsibility
- Diversity training: utilizes advanced sociological findings to instil awareness, respect, and acceptance of persons of a different gender, race, religion, background, etc.
- Customer service: to improve customer relations, communication, response time, and response quality in order to enhance customer satisfaction
Organizations are implored to use these and other training options to ensure the optimization of the employee’s motivation and potential retention. The development of a life-long engaged learner is a positive element for the organization regardless of how long the employee chooses to stay employed to the organization.
Latest posts by Dr. Ravindra Aher (see all)
- How To Hypnotize – 4 Steps To Tear Down Low Self Esteem (Self Hypnosis) - November 13, 2018
- What Is And What Is Not Self-Esteem? - November 13, 2018
- Emotional Abuse, Verbal Abuse – The Very Early Warning Signs - November 9, 2018