Since, we often, are overly generous, in using the word, leader, those serving in those positions, generally will fall into 3 categories: 1) Those who have a positive EFFECT; 2) Those whose impact is neutral; and, 3) Negative effects and leaving the group, worse off, and weaker, than he found it. Therefore, in seeking the best, possible leaders, we should carefully consider, whether, those, who will serve in a particular position, will, hopefully, strengthen the organization, make a difference, for the better, and have a strategic plan, and action plan, to transform ideas, into a viable course of action. WIth that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, review, consider, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, why this is an important consideration.
1. Empathy; emphasis: Although the perceptions of constituents and stakeholders, often, are, at – odds, with reality, a real leader must listen, far more than speak, and do so effectively, in order to learn from every conversation, and experience, and become ready and willing, to proceed with consistent, relevant, genuine empathy! Considering these factors and beliefs, must become an essential component, which determines a true leader’s emphasis.
2. Face facts: If the leader, fails to seek, the true facts, and, merely proceeds, according to his personal agenda, his overall effect, is, generally, a negative one! Therefore, it is essential to, regularly, consistently, face the facts, and proceed, accordingly.
3. Future; fruition: How someone positions his organization, into the future, often, differentiates between a quality leader, and the rest – of – the – pack! It is the mark of a real leader, if his leadership, has the effect, of bringing the best paths of action, to fruition!
4. Excellence; endurance: Since every group, and potential leader, will face certain obstacles, along his way, the mark, of a quality leader, is often determined, by whether one possesses the endurance, to go on, when lesser individuals, give up! One must never settle for good – enough, but, rather, seek his highest personal level of relevant, excellence!
5. Character; clarity; cooperation: Many assets may be developed, but, generally, the most effective, potential leader, possesses the quality of character, which puts others first! The message must be clear, and provide clarity, to those he hopes to motivate and inspire, and emphasize cooperation, rather than polarization!
6. Timely; trends: Groups either evolve, consistently, or they will fail to remain relevant, and sustainable! To do so, a great leader identifies those trends, which will best serve the particular organization. However, unless/ until, he proceeds in a well – considered, focused, timely manner, he probably won’t make a significant difference, for the better!
Before choosing a leader, consider the overall probable EFFECT of his leading. Do you thing you might bring forth, the most desirable one?
Source by Richard Brody
Latest posts by Dr. Ravindra Aher (see all)
- How To Hypnotize – 4 Steps To Tear Down Low Self Esteem (Self Hypnosis) - November 13, 2018
- What Is And What Is Not Self-Esteem? - November 13, 2018
- Emotional Abuse, Verbal Abuse – The Very Early Warning Signs - November 9, 2018