Scientific research proves that human beings can control lot of chronic illnesses and cancer is no exception to it. 70% of all cancers could be avoided with proper diet control. Biology of human being remains uniform despite diverse food culture across the world. We must respect our body and be careful of what we eat as this is directly proportional to the overall health. Often we are allured by our taste buds but little control can help to maintain the body mechanism properly. 10 things to avoid cancer will provide simple tips which can be easily practiced in day today life.
To avoid risk of cancer, we should take care of the following:
- Avoid use of tobacco: Rampant use of tobacco is detrimental or precursor to many cancers. One must avoid use in any form. Chewing tobacco is common in many countries resulting in long-term habit formation. Brushing or cleaning teeth with tobacco in certain countries is biologically incorrect. Smoking is big societal problem despite many restrictions, it is widespread.
- Check your weight: Obesity and particularly belly fat is your worst enemy in long term. Maintain your waist at 36 for males and 32-33 for females and BMI of 25. Exercise daily, no need for vigorous routine but stretch as much as you can. Control your diet and eat right food, say no to fast food, sugary beverages and junk food.
- Manage your carbohydrates: Control carbohydrates like sugar and sugar products, white flour and rice as these can bring about hormonal changes and promotes tumor formation in breasts, colon and prostate tissue.
- Eat lot of fruits: Cancer protective nutrients like beta carotene, vitamin c and folate are abundantly found in fruits. Consume lot of fruits like apples, avocados, berries, mangoes, kiwi, pomegranates, cherries, plums, red/purple grapes and all citrus fruits.
- Focus on Cancer protective vegetables: Eat lot of broccoli, cabbage, Brussels’ sprouts, cauliflower, carrots, tomatoes, asparagus, allium group (garlic, onions, leaks, chives, scallions), dark leafy greens (spinach, kale, collards, dark lettuces), sweet potatoes.
- Right Fat balance: avoid omega-6 fats found in sunflower, safflower and soyabean oil as it promotes excessive growth and inflammation. Say no to oily fish (salmon, tuna, mackerel, sardines, lake trout, and herring). Do not eat trans fats and reduce saturated fats found in whole dairy products, lamb and pork. Always choose plant based fats extracted from olive, nuts and avocados.
- Vitamin D is important: Take 1000 IU of vitamin D daily as it plays key role in cancer protection. Restrict you exposure to SUN, if unavoidable have lot of protection.
- Restrict Alcohol: Alcohol is a real bad element when it comes to cancers of the colon, breast, throat, esophagus, uterus, cervix, mouth, and liver.
- Use spices and herbs: They are rich in anti-inflammatory phytochemicals and control excessive inflammation which may lead to cancer. Turmeric/curry, ginger, rosemary, and garlic are especially beneficial.
- Do not skip regular screening: Strictly adhere to standard cancer screening schedules for your age and sex. Any changes should be brought to the notice of your physician.
Simple isn’t it!!! But difficult to practice. Believe various research studies and you can draw your own plan based on above 10 points to stay healthy.
Say no to Cancer…..
Latest posts by Sachin Iyer (see all)
- Coming to a theater near you: Amazon? – TechCrunch - August 17, 2018
- China is the fastest growing smart speaker market – TechCrunch - August 17, 2018
- The Boring Company proposes hyperloop to Dodger Stadium – TechCrunch - August 16, 2018